Who Is PoCoMo?
“The future belongs to those who give the next generation hope.” Pierre Teilhard deChardin
PoCoMo Youth Services Society Is an award winning, independent, community based registered charity established in 1992. A grass-roots organization, our objective includes the development and delivery of innovative programs and services for youth who may be disadvantaged, marginalized, or at-risk. We create opportunities for youth to reach their full potential. Our goal is to improve the well-being and self-worth of alienated and excluded at-risk youth through unconditional support, whenever and wherever necessary, with the view to reconnecting them with the community.
VISION: No Youth is left behind.
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide outreach support and services to youth in our communities.
PURPOSE: “Our purpose is to enhance the QUALITY of life of the youth who are marginalized, isolated, vulnerable, hanging out on the streets, homeless or at risk of homelessness by building RELATIONSHIPS with youth, enhancing their connection with community, and bring services to them.”
- To recognize and build on the strengths inherent in all youth we serve.
- To foster personal growth and the healthy development of youth through relationships.
- To improve the safety and quality of life of "at-risk" youth in the community.
- To understand youths’ challenges and help them reach their full potential within the context of their own culture and community.
- To promote connections between youth and other significant sectors of community.
- To promote a healthy and respectful image of youth.
- To promote connections with youth that foster a sense of connection, belonging, and purpose.
- To create opportunities for youth to have input in decision making within their communities.
- To create opportunities for youth to be involved in community.
PoCoMo has a reputation for being a progressive youth serving agency that is filling a gap in service to street involved youth, complimenting other youth resources, and creating innovative practices in youth engagement.
Charitable Registration No: 892923764 RR0001