Crisis Line: 604-951-8855
Youth Help Line: 604-310-1234
For immediate crisis support for victims of family and sexual violence, VictimLink provides information and help 24 hours a day: 1.800.563.0808
If you are a child or youth and need help now, contact the Help Line for Children by calling the operator (Dial 0 - No Charge) and ask for Zenith 1234. Available 24 hours a day.
All the above services are free and confidential.
If you are in immediate danger, call 911 to access police.
Victim link BC http://www.victimlinkbc.ca/
Ministry of Children and Famiiy Development (MCFD) www.gov.bc.ca/mcf/
Intake & Support: 604-469-7600
Youth Services: 604-927-2616
After Hours: 604-660-8180
Coquitlam RCMP Non-emergency line 604-945-1550
Greater Vancouver Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-TIPS/8477 www.solvecrime.ca
SHARE Society www.sharesociety.ca
Crisis Line: 604-540-2221
Drug Intake: 604-936-3900
Services Offered: Provide services to youth 12-18 years of age for addiction issues, community ad school-based prevention, special needs, and services for parents.
Detox Services: 604-708-2616
Sexual Exploitation: 1-877-411-7532
Services Offered: Addiction Services, youth probation support, independent living support, counselling, jobs & affordable housing, sexual identity support.
Tri-City Transitions www.tricitytransitions.com
200 – 2540 Shaughnessy Street
Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 3W4
Hours of operation 9am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
Services Provided: Provide help and hope to women and families who have been impacted by violence and abuse.
Children of the Street Society www.childrenofthestreet.com
Services offered: Prevention & Awareness Workshops / Support for Parents
BC Partners for mental Health and Addiction Information www.heretohelp.bc.ca
- Fact sheets on drugs and alcohol and mental illnesses
- Interactive toolkits for youth and families
- Resources for family members
- Online support groups
Kids Help Phone www.kidshelpphone.ca
- Space for youth to write confidential messages and receive a written response from a trained counselor within a few days
- Information on a wide variety of topics
- Links to Lower Mainland resources
Information Services Vancouver – Red Book Online www.communityinfo.bc.ca
- Links to information and referral services
- Search engine for The Red Book directory of services for the Lower Mainland
Centre for Addictions Research of BC www.carbc.ca
- Fact sheets on drugs and alcohol
- Publications on substance use
- Links to BC resources referral services
- BC statistics on substance use
- Substance information library
Carol Todd - Snowflake Blog Blog site
Carol Todd, mother of Amanda Todd who unfortunately took her own life as a result of bullying, has dedicated a blog to sharing her thoughts and insights...as well as others who have been touched by bullying in some way.
Carol has become a vocal advocate for more awareness to bullying, specifically cyber bullying.