The ACRiX Program (Applied Circus Radically Extreme)is for youth in the Tri-Cities ages 8-17. The ACRiX program is currently offered through Club Aviva in Coquitlam.
PoCoMo is in a partnership role with ACRiX in providing an on-site youth worker to support the youth and staff.
Please find an overview of the ACRiX program and contact information of the ACRiX coordinator, Dale Bryant.
Where: Club Aviva, 98 Brogantine St., Coquitlam, (near home depot and Tim Horton's)
Who: YOU!! Youth (aged 8-17) who want to learn some circus, trampoline and parkour skills.
Instructors: Qualified gymnastics, circus and trampoline coaches.
My son loves coming to the ACRiX Program. He keeps asking me to get ready to leave the house because he dosen't want to be late. I really hope it continues in the New Year and that he can register again. It's the first time he's been excited about going to something. -Mother of ACRiX Participant.
During the past year, I have been active in the circus ACRIX program and it has been thoroughly helpful to personal development. I personally think that without ACRiX, my grades would be lower, I'd be less confident, I would probably dislike myself, I would still be a follower. Not the leader that lead our school to victory many a time.
This boy doesn't have a lot of friends. He tells me what he's learning at circus class. It is amazing for him to get involved in something like this. He wants to come to the next session in January. -Middle School Youth Worker.
She's having a ball. She's having fun being with a new group of kids. We've never had a juggler in the family. This program is great for her confidence. -Father of an ACRiX Participant.
- ACRIX has been thoroughly helpful to my personal development. I think that without ACRiX, my grades would be lower, I’d be less confident... I would still be a follower.
A look into ACRiX Survey Results:
As a result of being involved in the ACRiX Program,
- I feel supported by adults – 76% of the youth either agreed or strongly agreed.
- I make health choices for myself – 60% of the youth either agreed or strongly agreed.
I feel like I belong - 70% either agreed or strongly agreed.
I resist drug use (cigarettes, alcohol, weed, ecstasy - 70 % either agreed or strongly agreed.
I want to be in school - 80 % either agreed or strongly agreed.
I am making positive choices in my life – 80% either agreed or strongly agreed
The parents were asked,
As a result of my son/daughter attending the ACRiX Program, they;
- Feel more confident 88%
- Like the staff 100%
- Are more active 81%
- Are more respectful with their peers 69%
- Are more respectful at home 56%
- Feel valued 94%
- Are happier 94%
- Feel supported by adults 94%
- Are passionate about ACRiX 94%
- Are doing better in school 50%
- Make healthier choices 63%
- Make new friends 81%
- I feel the staff are professional, supportive & respectful 94%
- I would recommend this program to others 100%
- I feel this program is VERY valuable 100%
- I feel this program has truly made a difference in my son/daughters life 94%
Chris Spencer Foundation