Volunteering at PoCoMo
Help us Help Street involved at-risk Youth
- Volunteers support the youth and staff at PoCoMo in so many ways. They help in our office, take on job duties, join committees, volunteer with our programs kitchens, thank our donors, provide administrative assistance, and help with special events. They are often the first friendly face that a young person sees on our outreach program.
- Volunteers share their skills, passion and experience with us and their presence sends our youth the powerful message that they are worth somebody's time.
- Last year, 60 volunteers donated 1500 hours of their time to PoCoMo! If you are interested in joining this dynamic team please read on.
Volunteering is a great way to become involved in your community. You can become part of a solution, gain valuable community contacts, or support a cause you feel strongly about. PoCoMo offers a variety of volunteer opportunities within the society or we can link you with others in the larger community with whom you might share a passion or interest.
Volunteering is a great way to make a valued contribution to the work that PoCoMo Youth Services Society undertakes with young people who are street involved, marginalized, transient, homeless or at-risk.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer with PoCoMo
10. We are a great group of caring community people.
9. Committed staff supporting youth in the community after-hours on weekends.
8. There is a fantastic team of board members.
7. Youth value the PoCoMo programs.
6. The children and youth that we support could be yours.
5. An opportunity to help invest in our future…the children and youth.
4. PoCoMo is an innovative agency.
3. PoCoMo is an award-winning agency.
2. PoCoMo is the only organization that reaches out to youth after-hours to help keep them safe.
1. Youth are our most valuable resources.
We invite you to demonstrate your community commitment and volunteer with PoCoMo! We Need Volunteers For:
Event and Fundraising Committees
- Volunteer - Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteers for day of events and/or fundraisers
Project Reach Out (Specialized area)
- Youth Action Team - YAT Details
There are MANY opportunities for youth to be involved, contribute, create, and be part of shaping our communities.
HOW TO APPLY TO VOLUNTEER:Please note that you have to be 17 years old or older to volunteer with PoCoMo in positions which require contact with youth. The only exceptions to this is our Youth Action Team for youth 13 and older.
- Once you have received your volunteer package, we ask that you fill out the application form and return it to us. We will then contact you to arrange an interview.
- All volunteers are required to attend an orientation session and with our primary program Project Reach Out, there are 3 steps to being a volunteer. 1) Submission of Application, 2) Interview, 3) Orientation & Ride-along.
- Volunteers working in positions that involve direct contact with youth are required to submit to a criminal record check. This process is explained in detail at the interview stage.
to request a volunteer application.
Where to Find Us:
Fernwood Lodge Building on Riverview Hospital grounds.
What Our Volunteers Say: